Any Good Divemaster programs in SEA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JR_Strele

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone! (Happy New Year in Mandarin)

I just got laid off and figured a good use of my time would be to finally turn into reality this Dive Master I have been putting off.

With Koh Tao's weather being inclement for the next few months, do you have any recommendations about a PADI DM program in South East Asia? Where, with whom?

Thanks;

JR

Hi JR, Xin Nian Kuai Le.... :)
As you mentioned, its still monsoon season in most of SEA. It can take some time for the vis to get back to normal after monsoon, last year some places were still bad in April.
Australia would be a good place right now as its middle of summer. Also, the Aus dive operators tend to be a little more 'professional' with their training. Ive encountered many a diver that were trained in Thailand (even AOW) that have never even put their own equipment together. Of course, some places will still be good, but just need to choose carefully.
Where are you located right now?

Jules

We offer year round training in Okinawa- its our winter right now with water temps in the low 20's but the diving is quite nice. We can set-up a custom package if you are interested.

If you are looking for warmer water Guam is available as is the Red Sea area.

Hi Japan-Diver; My cold water days are over. After years of Monterrey Bay diving, I threw my 8mm suit out for good. Guam you say? Say more...

Thanks Jules;

I will keep that in mind. This is not a career, but a way to get in a lot of dives without getting bored. JR

Back
Top Bottom