Any gear out of stock due to China situation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve been in international shipping for a long time, so I’ve gotten curious about what’s available or not.

Had anyone seen any gear shortages yet due to the coronavirus situation?

Only if you want to dive a N95 mask

Dive gear...

I was measuring my face for a mask the other day and my husband was questioning why I was measuring from the bridge of my nose down to my chin. He said that I had it all wrong. I said that's how the manufacturer said to measure it. We got into a heated argument about whether that was the right way to measure for a mask. Then he finally realized I wasn't measuring for a scuba diving mask. LOL. :giggle:

I bought a new 50lb doubles wing last year on ebay for $177. (It is actually pretty nice.....) At the time there were dozens and dozens for sale. I recently went back to my prior purchase history to find a link to the one I got and noticed that there are now none. Zip.... Some 30s and below still, but no 50s. Wierd.

I also wonder what a sudden spike in people with pneumonia on O2 in hospitals might do to oxygen prices.....

I’ve been in international shipping for a long time, so I’ve gotten curious about what’s available or not.

Had anyone seen any gear shortages yet due to the coronavirus situation?
I buy stuff from alibaba or aliexpress very frequently. So far I have not had any unusual troubles...although I do have a heated magnetic stirrer that's a couple days overdue. The stir bars showed up but not the main machine. Not uncommon for shipping times to be slightly erratic though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom