Any Galapagos Liveaboard To Avoid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems that all of the Galapagos liveaboards do roughly the same itinerary. When the time comes for me to book one, I'll probably just go for the one with the best pricing and/or discount at the time. But before I do so, are there any that I should avoid no matter how inviting the discount may be, ie., is there such thing as a 'bad' liveaboard that runs down there?

I am sure you will get a variety of replies and opinions to your post as from time to time, even the best boats in the world can have a breakdown or find themselves in a situation where they may not fulfill every guest's expectations, but having operated with all the live-aboards in Galapagos since 1986 and knowing each of the boats, on the whole there are currently no "bad" boats - although there are certainly some that are better than others. The range in prices from the least to the most expensive ranges by more than $1000, and although most people would say that you get what you pay for, that is not necessarily so in Galapagos, with some of the mid-priced boats being outstanding options. When you get around to making the decision, do your homework and checkout our site as we do offer probably a wider range of options than any other operator. Galapagos is currently at it best with La Nina bringing in cooler nutrient rich waters, and from past experience will probably be like that thru the next year. Never been a better time to go..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom