Any filters available now for GoPro Dive Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not used any Red filters, but I have used PolarProFilters.com Green water filter. It works really good. I am still looking at other filters and filter mounting options. Would love to test some out.
Here is a quick comparison video I made for their Green water filter.

[video=youtube_share;lfqaCNz20Q8]http://youtu.be/lfqaCNz20Q8[/video]

Thanks for this video.
It explained a lot to me about filters and how they work.
The side by side comparison made it really clear to see how the video was effected.

Backscatter has the new flip up Magic Filter for the GoPro dive housing listed on their site now. Still not available, but there images. And the price, $49.00.

Backscatter Flip Magic Filter for GoPro Dive Housing

This is the best solution out there BAR NONE. The ability to film above water and shallow with the filter up - then flip it down when needed is pure genius.......wish I had had it last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

filter definitely needed for my gopro hero2 lol. Cineform just cannot pull the necessary white balance.

pre-order placed!

Ordered mine also. had to shoot the stuart coves shark feeding without the use of lights or filter. I have ordered the new Promate 500 lumen mini light, I want to check it for hot spots and maybe order a second to mount on the tray by Mako.

I've ordered mine just in case the UR Pro one doesn't come out before my next trip. I'm more interested in that one because of its depth rating. If it comes out in time, I may return the Backscatter one. Or not. :)

Finally backscatter put it up! It looks great too, I really like the metal construction of the case that hold the filter. I cant wait to get paid in a week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom