Any easy rental car pickup/drop off besides Telerin (Poppy)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've always said that Poppy has the easiest pickup/drop off of any rental car I've rented anywhere in the world. Meet a guy just outside customs, sign a form and he shows you a car in the lot, maybe it takes 2 minutes for pickup. Drop off is even easier, park in the airport lot and leave the keys in the ashtray. Never had any issues.

But the last two years the trucks we've rented have been a little beat up. Things like seat belts not working, seat not adjusting, getting a little old, etc. I've been jealous every time I see one of those new Hilux trucks in another company's fleet. This trip I don't plan on going into the park and a new truck would suit me fine.

So who has an easy pickup and drop off? How about Avis or Budget right at the airport? Who has experience with them? Any issues?

This next trip in December (Bonaire trip #5) we don't land until 7:30PM on Saturday and I'm anxious to get moving as fast as possible.

We rented from Caribe last trip. Off site but pickup and drop off went smoothly. You can designate make and model. A little costly though.

Next trip is Avis. Heard good things.

Where are you staying? Habitat has a Budget office and I believe there is still a Hertz kiosk at the Divi Flamingo Beach. I normally get a vehicle the next day so I'm rested and for a lower total cost--then turn it in the evening before leaving to avoid any hassels. Any of the rental places will deliver as needed.....allowing you to look at the dents in daylight :). In August, Budget had a bunch of new Hilux pickups.

Where are you staying? Habitat has a Budget office and I believe there is still a Hertz kiosk at the Divi Flamingo Beach. I normally get a vehicle the next day so I'm rested and for a lower total cost--then turn it in the evening before leaving to avoid any hassels. Any of the rental places will deliver as needed.....allowing you to look at the dents in daylight :). In August, Budget had a bunch of new Hilux pickups.

We are staying in a private house 10 minutes north of town so I want a truck that first night. I'll probably give Avis at the airport a try this trip to see how it works out.

AB just picks you up at the airport and takes you back to their place - about 5 minutes away. I've decided that for me it's worth it to buy the full insurance. I'm pretty cheap, but it's nice to be able to pick up and drop off the vehicle without looking for scratches and dents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom