any "dive light holders" for putting on an arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M DeM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, that's a horrible description of my question, but here goes:

TG-5 with an Ikelite housing. I bought the "package" with the YS-D3 (mistake). YS-D3 is now dead. I don't want to buy a new strobe, so was hoping to use a strong dive light I've got instead.

I'm not a fan of the flex-arm, but... it is what it is. I have a lot of ball mount UL arms though, and I think I could rig something.

But... is there a "reasonable" way to get the dive light affixed to either a flex arm or a UL arm where I don't have to use one hand to steady it? (I have hand tremors, so macro is hard as it is with two hands. With one it's impossible.)

Anyone a creative DIY type?

I have at least 3 different sizes of this adapter that will fit a light to a YS connector. Is that what you need?
Fusion 1000 Adapter
Does that go around the ball mount? Not the arm itself, right?

No the thing linked above is to allow you to add a YS mount to a dive light that doesn't have that capability. It would really only work for a cylindrical torch style dive light. It would attach to a YS fitting on the end of one of your arms.

To do what you want to do with the Ys-D3 thing you would just keep the tray, add a handle with a 1" ball, two arms and 3 clamps. The tricky part is how you attach the arm to your dive light, not knowing what type of light you have and if it has any type of attachment bracket available. For example the INON dive lights have brackets available: INON LED flashlight [Accessories] But to place on the end of an arm you would need to find a ball to YS adapter like this one: Ball to YS Mount YM01

what is covered above only works if your dive light has a cylindrical section to attach the accessory above to.

No the thing linked above is to allow you to add a YS mount to a dive light that doesn't have that capability. It would really only work for a cylindrical torch style dive light. It would attach to a YS fitting on the end of one of your arms.

To do what you want to do with the Ys-D3 thing you would just keep the tray, add a handle with a 1" ball, two arms and 3 clamps. The tricky part is how you attach the arm to your dive light, not knowing what type of light you have and if it has any type of attachment bracket available. For example the INON dive lights have brackets available: INON LED flashlight [Accessories] But to place on the end of an arm you would need to find a ball to YS adapter like this one: Ball to YS Mount YM01

what is covered above only works if your dive light has a cylindrical section to attach the accessory above to.
In other words, what light are trying to attach? If you don’t know yet, then answers are all speculative.

OH MY GOD, I'M AN IDIOT. Of *course* that's how it works.

I use a couple of vegetable elastics from the local grocery. I have found that the ones holding multiple broccolis in a bunch work okay. I place my light on the tray beside the camera housing. I do use new elastics each trip.

I use a couple of vegetable elastics from the local grocery. I have found that the ones holding multiple broccolis in a bunch work okay. I place my light on the tray beside the camera housing. I do use new elastics each trip.
Really! I had broccoli for lunch today and have one of those very elastics on my counter!! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom