Any damage to regulator under prolonged air nozzle usage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayz7

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, had recently purchased an air nozzle that's attached to the inflator hose and first time using it. It's the end of the dive trip and after rinsing everything especially camera housings, I've been using the air nozzle to blow dry the housing and etc. After prolong usage and finishing I've noticed the first stage is super cold as if you just took a frozen glass out of a fridge and it condensed. the reg is a SP MK25EVO, is there any damage? should I get it checked?

Nope it's fine. this is science when gases decompress they cool that's why the 2nd stage tends to freeze up in very cold water or in air temps below freezing
For reference check out a bbq tank in the summer when you light the bbq and it's been burning for a col hrs for a party ie cooking burgers and what not it will tend to develop frost even in the hottest days of the summer

heh... became cold... :)
in our climate you will have
1.jpg

BUT! really important notice:
If you will have to detach your cold regulator from tank - immediatelly cover it with a cover plug, to prevent air moisture goes inside and condensation.

Ahh that looks way worse! concern was actually more on the constant freeflow of air from 1st stage to the HP port whether it'll cause damage. Thanks alot guys.. !

Back
Top Bottom