Any Cyber Monday Deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DewTheDewDude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone heard of any shweeet cyber monday deals? Was looking for Oceanic Atom or OCI. Or anything far and in between, from a Shearwater all the way to Suunto! Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added November 28th, 2015 at 08:40 PM ----------

Mostly the Oceanic OCI though...trying to find a good deal with AI, but not groundbreaking..

How does this deal look to you? I've never bought a dive computer (60+ dives) and am trying to pick one up today. Don't have time at the moment to do tons of research and I see that it's older and discontinued, but looks like a great deal: Suunto Vyper Air (Nitrox) Hoseless Wrist Computer with Digital Compass 185390 with reviews at scuba.com

Decent price for the computer, but look what it costs to add a transmitter..

Suunto Transmitter 190980 with reviews at scuba.com

On any AI computer always remember to factor in the cost of the transmitter.

I don't have my own gear right now, but like the idea of buying a watch that can be used with with my own gear eventually. Two questions:

1) Would it be easy to insert the transmitter into gear I'm renting from a dive shop?
2) Could I use the dive computer without the transmitter?

I don't have my own gear right now, but like the idea of buying a watch that can be used with with my own gear eventually. Two questions:

1) Would it be easy to insert the transmitter into gear I'm renting from a dive shop?
Yes - but the dive shop might not want to or do it for you. And you best remember to get your transmitter back, that would be very easy to forget post dive...
2) Could I use the dive computer without the transmitter?
Yes - but then why have a transmitter...

Do you intend to buy your own regs soon? If so then it may be worth buying a feature you cannot be sure you can use yet.

I was thinking of buying a computer with a transmitter function, but perhaps not buying the transmitter itself yet. We need a dive computer so why not buy one that we can upgrade later? The only thing we lose without the transmitter is info on the air left, right?

Hi - I'm a new diver and have been looking at computers. It's worth noting that an Air Integrated computer dedicates part of the dive screen to the air information. Most of them don't replace this information with anything else if you aren't using the transmitter, you just "lose" part of the main screen. Therefore I'm thinking that it's only worth getting an air integrated model if you *really* intend to upgrade later - if you don't upgrade you'd have been better off with a non-AI model that makes better use of the dive screen.

Back
Top Bottom