Any countries open end of June???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA Fletch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We were hoping to go somewhere end of June, maybe for a couple weeks. Anywhere open?? Saw that Hawaii still requires 14 day quarantine for those coming in... Bahamas MIGHT open in July, BVI shut down. What’s open?

Hard to give a definite for June - so much is upto borders being open, travel restrictions in place, and available flights to get you there. Nautilus Fleet are tentatively planning a Socorro trip for June 22 as their first trip after the opening. We will almost certainly hear more as we get to end of May - it is changing day by day. PM me or email me at dom@diveadvice.com and I'll let you know when anything comes thru. Cheers

You may be able to get to Cancun / Cozumel and I believe Bali is opening, but other destinations and airports in Indonesia may still be closed.

What about USVI? I’ve got friends going to St Croix for a week mid-June. Last I heard their trip is still on.

What about USVI? I’ve got friends going to St Croix for a week mid-June. Last I heard their trip is still on.

USVI is open, from what I have read. Hotels are taking reservations June 1, I believe. Delta isn't flying there till 8/1.

USVI is open, from what I have read. Hotels are taking reservations June 1, I believe. Delta isn't flying there till 8/1.

My friends are flying American.

If july1 counts for ‘end of June’ Belize is targeting an opening. No clarification on 14 day quarantine yet.

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS (May 26, 2020) – The U.S. Virgin Islands will reopen its doors to leisure travelers on Monday, June 1, 2020.

Commissioner of Tourism Joseph Boschulte declared that the Territory is finalizing public health and tourism protocols for the return of visitors to “America’s paradise” in less than a week’s time.

Commissioner Boschulte reported that as new protocols, developed with input from the Office of the Governor, tourism and health authorities, and the private sector, are rolled out, a state of emergency due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic will remain in effect through July 11, 2020.

“Over the past several weeks, we have been building COVID-19 mitigation and response capacity, and preparing protocols to protect the health and safety of residents and visitors alike,” said Commissioner Boschulte, who explained that the decision to reopen has not been made lightly. “We did not want to rush to reopen in reaction to what other destinations are doing. Instead, we have engaged in data-driven, risk-based analysis, in conjunction with the Virgin Islands Department of Health and federal guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other stakeholders.”

In preparation for the reopening of the Territory, the Department of Tourism has prepared “Health and Safety Guidelines for the USVI Tourism Industry”, a comprehensive master document that provides specific guidance to all tourism stakeholders. “The response and collaboration of various departments and agencies are to be commended,” Commissioner Boschulte said, noting that the document will be frequently updated to reflect anticipated guidance updates.

Unfortunately, Turks and Caicos has pushed their opening back to July 22 from June 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom