Any comments or reviews about IST Talaria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drowned

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of IST Talarias (a new design from IST) - my dive buddy swore by them so I jumped into the split fin world. My first dive lasted about five minutes do to a leaking reg - basically I went down and started sucking in as much water as air, so after my emergency assent and subsequent spewing, my dive day was finished - worst dive of my life!! Remember to check you gear boys and girls. Large tears in mouth pieces suck - damn rentals! If you find one while under remember you can put the whole mouth piece housing into your mouth and breath okay - this is something I forgot!!
Well I really didn't get a feel for my new fins because I was too busy becoming the panicked diver. I did notice how light my new fins were and how flexible, but I didn't get a chance to try for speed or start learning to do the flutter kick - hopefully next weekend! Does anyone have any review info or comments about these fins. They certainly look funky with their bent (natures wing) design. What other fins use a similar design? Any reviews of them?

I hope you have been diving since your post three weeks ago.
I got a pair of IST's last month and I have been divind with them every week. They are great and they cost a lot less than any other split find I have tried. They perform very similar to Tusa Xpert Zoom, and ther're just a bit lighter. I end up getting new fins every 2-3 years because of the conditions I dive in, so I can't really justify spending money of expensive fins.

Happy diving.
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom