Any cheap bottom timers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MKrauter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I keep reading suggestions for the Uwatec bottom timer because its cheap and reliable. One quote even priced it at 70$, however everywhere I look I can't find them cheaper then 200.. Anywhere I can find one of these, or something like it for cheap?

I've seen them sold (and bought one myself) for $100 here on ScubaBoard.

even used the uwatec bottom timers seem to last forever...

I found one one eBay that's fairly cheap, only problem is its metric. Is it possible to change it over to imperial or do you need a whole new unit?

Metric is metric and they can not be changed. Any rec computer that can be put into "gauge mode" will work well also. Dive rite nitek duo's are cheap NOS, and are not much bigger than a BT stand alone. Other puters also can be put into gauge mode only.
Eric

Suunto D3 makes a great bottom timer and is a watch as well. Unfortunately they quit making them and when you can find them they can be in the $150-$200 range.

I have 3 OMS bottom timers that are the same as the Uwatec just has a different face plate that says OMS. Just put them in my box of scuba stuff to sell. Probably list it later this week they are about 7 years old tested In the hot tub seem to work finebut I do not need them anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom