Any charters/shore dives around Bath Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautica Tim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am going to visit my brother-in-law in Bath, Maine from August 16th to the 20th. I used to live in Mass for 12 years but never dove in Maine. Is there anywhere around the Bath area, say up to a 40 mile radius, that have dive charters or shore dives? Shore dive I would need a buddy too.

Thanks, Tim

Hi,

I am going to visit my brother-in-law in Bath, Maine from August 16th to the 20th. I used to live in Mass for 12 years but never dove in Maine. Is there anywhere around the Bath area, say up to a 40 mile radius, that have dive charters or shore dives? Shore dive I would need a buddy too.

Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim,

There are a number of shore dive sites but there's not too much in the way of commercial dive boats. There is an operation out of Port Clyde that I am aware of. By and large the dive activity is from shore and private boats.

We have an active group operating mainly from Cape Elisabeth South though we do venture up the mid coast and have members in that region. I suggest you explore our site and join our Yahoo Group forum where you can make your visit known. Many of us like to share sites with folks from away.

There are several sites on Bailey Island including Land's End and Cooks Lobster House.

Pete

BTW, we dove with the charter service out of Port Clyde 2 weeks ago and they run a fantastic operation. We had 2 amazing dives out at Monhegan Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom