Any chance of fraud or other crime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got an IRS letter addressed to our house. The name on the letter does not live at our address. I googled the name, and a man with the exact same name (first, middle, last) robbed a Zaxby's restaurant back in 2011 in the next county. He was released in 2016. I don't see any more crimes after his release.

Is there any way he is using our address to commit fraud, or to try somehow take our property by adverse possession? I live in Georgia.

I think your asking the wrong folks? Call your local authorities....your later question though...highly unlikely to impossible.

I think your asking the wrong folks? Call your local authorities....

I'm waiting on my lawyer's reply. I know there are one or two lawyers here. I also have a feeling one or two people may have been victims of odd scams, too.

I just got an IRS letter addressed to our house. The name on the letter does not live at our address. I googled the name, and a man with the exact same name (first, middle, last) robbed a Zaxby's restaurant back in 2011 in the next county. He was released in 2016. I don't see any more crimes after his release.

Is there any way he is using our address to commit fraud, or to try somehow take our property by adverse possession? I live in Georgia.
well to put your mind at ease.....he cant just take your land through adverse possession by listing it as an address with the IRS.

Adverse possession would mean he is physically living on the property, is being conspicuous about him living there, and has to have been doing it for 20 years.

i dont now how long you have been living in the house, but there are a few explanations:
  • could have been the dudes former address.
  • could have been a friend or family members address and he used it as his when he got out of prison.
  • he could have just made up an address and it happened to be yours.
  • the IRS could have just made a mistake.
Ide talk to your lawyer, maybe have him send a letter to the IRS letting them know the aforementioned does not live at that address.

but overall i wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Back
Top Bottom