Any Aeris users?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I swear I have looked at the manufacturer's website and read so many reviews on leisurepro and where ever some information may be about the Aeries XR-1 nx and the Aeries Xr-2 and I just can't decide between either one. Please keep it between only this brand and these two models because Aeries is the about the only thing he carries. This is for my brother's layaway scuba total package.

XR1 NX looks like it may have smaller numbers, no back light, 12 logged dives memory, no audible alarm, no gauge mode, lacks date but has time,lacks pc interface, no pc settings upload, no temperature, nitrox capable unlike the regular XR1. No turn around alarm.

XR2 comes with bigger display of numbers, 24 logged dives and all the rest that I have just listed before you.

I asked my brother if the things that the XR1 NX lacks will be a problem and he said that he is good without the fancier stuff.

If they are asking for a 3 gauge with computer what would those gauges comprise of?

What would the two gauge comprise of?

Again, these were not listed.

If we both go with the cheaper one, I am positive he would be responsible enough to watch the numbers on his dive computer and probably for the other features that it lacks we can pull the information like temperature, audible alarm for deco stop, turnaround time alarm, etc from my dive computer.

Do you think the the XR1 NX suffice or should we save for the XR2? Thanks in advance.

I have the XR-2. No problems so far. I bought mainly because the readout are in bigger numbers. If your LDS carries the Aries they should be able to help program the computer. I can't compare it to any others. It will tell you every thing you will need to know. Later if you decide to certify nitrox you will be good to go.

I have the model that came before the XR-2, with essentially the same features. I'm a little partial to the XR-2 option, because an audible alarm is a good idea. It can be easy to loose track of time when you find something interesting on the bottom. Also the backlight is very useful in lower viability water or a night dive.

As for gauges, It sounds as though your brother would be in a basic diving class, so they would like the three gauges to be (most likely) Depth (computer will cover this one), tank pressure and compass. Depending on the style of computer the pressure gauge and compass could be in the same console, or separate pieces. Since it also sounds like you are looking at buying this at a local shop (same as where the class is ?), I would talk to them about what they recommend.

Audible ascent alarms, and backlighting are very much things that are worth paying for, IMHO.

The XR-2 can be wrist mount or comsole mount. Mine is wrist mount and is very convient to look at just as you would your watch. I wear my watch on my left arm and my computer on my right. Happy diving.

Just in the store yesterday asking about these two models. My LDS said they are basically the same watch - same functions. The Xr-w stores more dives, was the only difference he could come up with. I have an Aeris Atmos-II (no longer made) and love the product, so would consider an Aeris again (considering the Elite T-3 if I go air integrated).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom