Any Advantage of a Clear Mask Frame?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandLover

Reaction score
I know that silicone skirts are more comfortable than black rubber and provide more light in. I want to buy a new mask...is a clear frame going to offer me more "openess". Anyone have a clear frame mask?

I have a clear skirt, on my Beuchat, but not a clear frame. I do not see how something as small as the frame could make that much of a difference. I never really notice my frame.

My mask has a clear skirt and a colored frame. Like James, I don't notice the frame very much.

But in lower vis diving, something with the clear skirt can play havoc with my peripheral vision and cause me to experience ghost images and a bit of vertigo. So I've been wanting to try a very low volume mask (aka the lense is realy close to my eyelashes) with a black skirt to see if that would work out.

--Mike

Soft and yets gets rid of thost ghostly images. I do have pink lenses though... They make even Uncle Pug look "purdy".

NetDoc,

Do those tinted lenses help out?

Originally posted by NetDoc
I do have pink lenses though...
Why do I see a country and western song parody coming out of this one? (Rose colored glasses/mask)

The tint helps more than I would have ever imagined! I can actually see color at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom