Antulang beach resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo:
dove at apo island from that resort. hope you like it at antulang. i didnt.

Just came back from Dumaguete and these is all I can say about Antulang. Once you leave the main road, there is another 10kms of dirt road before you can reach the resort. Though the resort was quite pretty and the crew were courteous, they lack good service. Imagine waiting for almost 1 hour for your food or even just for water. Since our flight was delayed for almost 2 hours going there ( its a long hour considering the actual flight time, unloading from the plane,unloading and waiting for your luggages and the actual trip to the resort of almost an hour), we decided to extend our stay and informed the receptionist about it. She told my wife that we have to call their Dumaguete City office and inform them about it and so my wife did but the receptionist almost billed my wife for that out going land line call. Imagine that! We're going to extend our stay for their benefit and we'll be billed for making an outside call to their other office using their phone. Thankfully, the manager stepped in and didn't billed that stupid call.
The Apo Island is quite good for wide angle underwater photography while in Dauin Marine Sanctuary, it will be just a waste of dive time and money. The best especially for macro photographers would be Ducomi Pier, it's a private pier and so you must secure permits first for merchant ships docks there to load up cargoes. You wouldn't want to be under the pier when the ships propellers starts to roll so they need to know if you are also still there before they could allow the ships to run.
On checking out (billing time) they charge in dollar value payable by cash or card. However, they don't have a dollar credit card machine and their exchange rate is based on the selling of dollars. The current exchange rate at the time was 47Php/1$. Their conversion is 53Php/1$. So if you're to pay them in dollars cash, you will still be able to save money but if in pesos, man, your pockets gonna burn.Plus ofcourse, a 12% vat on the total damages.

Back
Top Bottom