Anti-fog "stickers" for mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vuk Milicevic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have any experience with adhesive film that you can stick to your inner lenses to prevent fogging? This link is an example of what I'm referring to: https://www.amazon.com/TUSA-Freedom...d=1505316315&sr=8-1&keywords=anti+fog+sticker

It's really inexpensive but was not sure if it's worth the hassle and does not do what it's indented to. I have anti-fog gel as it is already but, while preventing fogging to a certain extent, does not do the job to my satisfaction.

The amazon reviews don't look too good...

I let a little water in my mask and slosh it around as needed to clear it.

But the idea sounds interesting and if that's the TUSA that makes scuba gear, wth? Try it, and if it doesn't work Prime will take it back and refund the price. If you're not a Prime member, there's often a 30-day free trial you can try at the same time.

Seems like a lot of trouble for very little improvement over a small area - let alone the possibility of it washing out and getting lost.

I use (mostly) PSI 500 - put on a decent amount right before I gear up, scrub it in with pressure over the entire lens, wash my mask out last thing before submerging. No fog even in very cold water. Same process for every dive - even back to back dives. If I do a short dive and then re-enter after a short SI I get fog if I don't reapply.

I let a little water in my mask and slosh it around as needed to clear it.

But the idea sounds interesting and if that's the TUSA that makes scuba gear, wth? Try it, and if it doesn't work Prime will take it back and refund the price. If you're not a Prime member, there's often a 30-day free trial you can try at the same time.

It is the real TUSA. The product is listed on their website: Tusa

Save your money. Read the Amazon reviews carefully. The positive reviews are obviously written by a few stool pigeons. The negative ones tell you everything you need to know.

A solution that does not work to a problem that's otherwise easily solved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom