Another wreck in Kingston moored.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
A Tug was "(re)discovered" in Kingston today and mooring was raised by NTD and GLUE.
The Tug William Johnston (1840 - 1941) is apparently similar to the Frontenac and is in excellent condition.
The co-ordinates are: N44'07.526, W76'33.508. It lays in 90' off 9-Mile Point near the Davie.
I hope the dive community will enjoy the newest addition. More to come.

Whoo Hoo something new for the Thurs night GLUE dive.

BTW all it takes is a line with thimbles to moor some of these old forgotten wrecks or newly relocated ones. If you wish to contribute bring the fine fellows at GLUE the material and they will get another one done for the community.

More Wrecks = More diving opportunities for all.

Last edited:
ummmm this had historically been done by POW.. I hope you let our mooring guy who works out of NTD know

Chris, I'm not sure what exactly you want.

In a PM to me you explicitly said that POW doesn't need volunteers to raise the moorings. In a different thread you're calling for people to volunteer.

Above, and in other posts, you mention that POW is raising the mooring, in a different thread you're saying that the charter operator raised the mooring this year.

Now, you appear to be displeased that someone stepped up and raised another mooring to promote diving in Kingston with no cost to POW.
Are you implying that the wrecks are POW's private property and that only POW has the right to raise moorings?
I thought that you were interested in promoting Scuba in Kingston? No?

no no I not displeased anyone has raised moorings I like the fact that people have and POW does need volenteers to do that. In the past POW has had a mooring day. During that day every mooring was tried to be raised but this year we went to the operators to see what and when they would do to support it. The operators were responsible for their crews of divers for a few reasons among them insurance and weather. I have one or two concerns that everything should be moored correctly but those are quite minor. If in my pm to you I stated we do not need volenteers i apologize when i wrote that I had been awake for over 24 hours. The new moorings raised by GLUE do not promote POW or the post have not. We do mention on our blog or website the new moorings and we do with all permiment moorings contact the coast guard with gps coordinates so theoritically they will not be run over. There are just 20 or so wrecks that are on our list that POW looks after and attempts to moor annually with some degree of success. (first year involved so I do not know) I think it would be goodto get the coordinates of the other sites up and on POW website as well and i believe it would help in promoting the Kingston diving. I just would like everythign to be coordinated though so that way if some one was working on replacing a line or heading out to moor a site they do not get there and dee it done already. Communication though does go both ways and that does include coming from POW too. I hope that makes some sense.

No, it doesn't.
Unfortunately, your posts are getting increasingly more difficult to understand.

Some points for ya scubacandd

• The gps numbers are given in some cases add them to the POW page sounds simple to me.
  • POW through the Old Guard (Big Jim, Rick N, Limestone Diver) made it clear that GLUE leave POW so why should GLUE promote POW.
  • 5 free moorings at no cost to POW, 5 newish or reborn sites for divers to visit, I don't see what the problem is.
  • GLUE moored the wrecks in Kingston for years on mooring days, and maintain them free of charge for 7 years, so I am sure they are on the ball with how to do a proper mooring.
  • It's about diving why should anyone care who's doing the work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom