Another way to close one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Almost lost a dispatcher on her way home this morning.

She is a swing shifter but had to cover the bulk of graveyard for someone who called in sick.

She has an hour-long drive home along the lake. She is within 5 minutes of home when she falls asleep and drifts to the right.

She could not have picked a worse spot. 100+ feet vertical straight down to the water without a single bounce. But luck or something else was with her. She hit the only tree big enough to hold her Crew Cab Dodge 4x4 and keep it from going over.

The 2002 truck is totaled but she was not injured.

To make matters worse we pulled her husband out of Rose Lake three years ago when he fell asleep. He made it and freaked out this morning when he found out his wife almost went in.

The tree was 10' from the fog line and 6' from the shoulder edge and over the bank. She was 4' over the edge when the tree stopped her.

I would have freaked as well after talking to her most of the night then have to go get her out of the lake. Driving time alone would have almost made it a recovery let alone suiting up to hot rope it going down.

Here is a view of the area.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=12&x=642&y=6574&z=11&w=1
The area is towards the bottom of Powderhorn Bay on the right side where the road gets closest to the water. We have 2 small children missing in the bay that we have never found.

Gary D.

Thank goodness she's OK! Tell her to chew cinnamon gum (Big Red or sugar-fee equivalent) next time starts to feel sleepy while driving. It has kept me from doing that many a time...

cowprintrabbit:
Thank goodness she's OK! Tell her to chew cinnamon gum (Big Red or sugar-fee equivalent) next time starts to feel sleepy while driving. It has kept me from doing that many a time...

Or take her keys. 'Friends don't let friends drive... tired.'

Certainly glad she's OK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom