Another use for the Z Gear scuba mount for those who are reviewing it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
To those of you who are reviewing the scuba mount for Z Gear, check out this video with review from a a diver who is using it on his wrist. Perhaps you can give this a try.

Eric writes: "As I mentioned, I couldn't wear the BC during the snorkeling, but I did use it attached to my hand as well as just holding on to it. For that, it worked remarkably well and I was surprised by that. I didn't have the smoothest water for the snorkeling, but it worked well enough that I REALLY want to use it on a dive to see just how much smoother it is (or how much jerkier it is due to my body movements).

The construction quality was top notch. The strap piece is thick enough that you can manipulate it with dive gloves on if necessary (yes, I tried this) and it is long enough so that you can attach it to your BC or your wrist while diving. The arm seems quite solid and should give you a long service life. And the joint that I was concerned about originally is tight, but not so tight you have to worry about breaking it. It stays in place while in the water! What more can you ask for?

If you do opt to use it on your wrist, you just have to be sure to set a camera 'angle' while diving and keep your arm pointed at what you want to film. Not the easiest or most comfortable, so I opted to just hold it at the strap portion to stabilize the camera.

The actual video quality is a lot better before uploading, but here's a YouTube I shot while snorkeling of my wife feeding the fish in the Bahamas.

Feeding the reef fish at Half Moon Cay - Bahamas - YouTube

After just using this in a handheld fashion, I'm really excited to try this attached the way it was originally intended on the BC. It's definitely a quality product to satisfy a niche in the diving video market! I've even thought about trying to use it on my Jeep while offroading, but haven't done anything with that yet."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom