Another UK diver joins the throng.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanSpirit

Reaction score
Hi to everyone out there.

I am a PADI AOW diver who qualified six years ago after training in the chilly and murky Cornish waters. My brother and I have a 6m RIB which we use to dive around the south coast of the UK. I'll try to participate as much as I can in these forums as I've had my fair share of incidents and experiences, so hopefully I can add some positive comments!

Get the urge to submerge, people!

Welcome to the board OceanSpirit - I'm a relatively new member here too and have found the guys and gals here a great bunch for a chat or for advice. Hopefully see your stories posted soon!

Got a RIB, eh? Shame Cornwall is soooo far from Yorkshire :wink:

Hello there OceanSpirit, welcome to the family here at Scubasource. Don't keep us waiting too long... we love good stories!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Welcome OceanSpirit
Is that the name of your rib? I live in Surrey so am not as lucky as you, its a long way to the sea.

Welcome OceanSpirit.

Good to have you with us.

Is water in Southern UK that cold?
I was considering diving there.
Can I do it without a dry suit?

Anyway ... enjoy the board.

Cheers

And here comes another new member :)

I found this through a link off the vBulletin website from another forum (VB-World)...since I've been diving for around 4 years now I thought this would be a good place to come!

Seems friendly...so far :p

Thanks for all the welcome messages, people.

In answer to Armando's question:

The water is pretty cold from Oct-June and a dry suit is almost essential unless you are Mr.Freeze. During the summer I prefer a 7mm two piece semi-dry because I can just have the farmer johns on while we're in the boat and not overheat. Incidentally, free-flowing regs are not a great problem as any half decent regs can cope (although Stoney Cove quarry in December is a different matter!). I use Oceanic Deltas with the DX4 1st stage with an enviromental kit. Lovely-jubbly.

Sorry Maggie, just saw your question!
No, our RIB (and it's a long story but NOT what you think!) is called The Smug Druggler. It always gets a laugh when we do a radio check with Portland Coastguard before we set out!
Where in Surrey are you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom