Another Steamer In the Graveyard Moored!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mooring mentioned on POW web page are done by POW no other orgnization as these are the ones that we are taking responsibility for. On the websit we have mentioned various business and charter opertaors who have done work in putting floats out. There has been mention of everything from the Proeteus to NTD to Ducks diving. As always Tom you are more then welcome to come put to the meeting and add any bit of criticsm or suggestion (valid) in person ad not through the boards as it just looks like we are all idiots on here who are involved with the back and forth play.

I don't understand............ The POW moorings got put up.............. Whats the problem???

It was done with the help of many divers and a BBQ was had.

Jimmy B and Aquaoren seem upset that they did not get a personal invite to please help......

They seem upset as is Kevin R that GLUE wasn't the main club.............

Join POW and help if you are so concerned......... not GLUE

POW has only so many wrecks that it maintains, if another group wants to moor more, then that is great. The Lake is Harolds and anyone that follows regulations put out by Transport Canada can moor any wreck they want.

And it seems that most of the ones they have moored they used POW supplies to do it with. So what's the whining for??

I just wish they would stop putting POW down. I understand they have hurt feelings toward some members...... Me mostly. So put me down, I have big shoulders.

Please stop trashing a great organisation because your "feelings are hurt"

ROTFLMFAO,

Refer to the new POW homepage for a great example of bias. Three new to the area moorings are not even mentioned present yet making a line for a dive company in Picton makes the grade. Any particular reason?

If Tom Rutledge of NTD aka "Jimmy B" would release the passwords to the old POW website we would have more room for more information. Right now it is limited to POW events.

The line that made was for a POW maintained shipwreck, that just happens to be used by one "dive company" they also put the line up. You and anyone else is very welcome to use it as well.

As you know from other posts we have a great number of wrecks here in Kingston POW is dedicated to maintaining a certain number of wrecks. Any one else can moor what ever they want.

I do hope this answered your question!

Don't forget to visit the POW webpage and sign up for many adventures like Divedude is advertising, it's a blast bad mouthing people, stammering around like children and other wise being upset when you don't get your way. All for 25.00 per year.......

From what I am reading and seeing GLUE is doing the work anyway for free so the problem is??????

Sorry did I miss something I was busy diving. It's a great hobby by the way relaxing and fun. You should take it up sometime. Sure beats brow beating on the net. :)

Current POW Treasurer:
As treasurer and fully knowing the financial record, I can fully state in all truth and honesty that you, your business, and your associates have never done anything in conflict of interest of Preserve Our Wrecks (Kingston). I am fully aware of the contributions you, your business, and your associates have made to Preserve Our Wrecks (Kingston). As matter of fact, the great achievement of having two marine heritage symposiums in Kingston is all a credit to you, your business, and your associates. The few hundred people that attended those symposiums know of your achievements and there is not anything that anyone can say to take that credit away.

Current Member of the POW Board:
Now Jim and Rick are not on the Preserve Our Wrecks Board; so, they can not represent Preserve Our Wrecks. If Jim or Rick have a problem with Preserve Our Wrecks; then, they should speak to a member of the board

Current President of POW:
he contribution made by GLUE and NTD to the work of POW has been considerable over the years and it would be regrettable if you decided that you didn't feel able to support the Organisation.

Why is the Old Guard undoing all the work and not stepping up to fill the void?

Last edited:
The choice is yours

No Diving, lots of slanderous remarks etc
or dive, dive with a purpose or dive. Did I mention diving

snip
snip

Jim...

If you are going to quote me, then please do not mis-quote me or put words in my mouth.

My post about mooring day made no mention of which club installed the moorings, as that is irrelevant. The intent of my post was that an open invite mooring day such as those held in the past was a great way to spread the word about what POW does (or doesn't do) as well as an opportunity to get divers back diving in Kingston after a long winter.

From a business perspective it is a shame to see this marketing opportunity being wasted. From a wreck preservation organization perspective (remember that POW is supposed to be in the preservation business, not the charter or dive shop business) it is a shame to see the wasted opportunity to educate the public and recruitment new members.

The GLUE club guys and gals went all out tonight and repaired the line on the Frontenac and replaced the line on the SM Douglas. I bet fun was had by all and of course NTD and Seaducer were at the helm of this work.

I don't understand............ The POW moorings got put up.............. Whats the problem???

It was done with the help of many divers and a BBQ was had.

Jimmy B and Aquaoren seem upset that they did not get a personal invite to please help......

Join POW and help if you are so concerned......... not GLUE

POW has only so many wrecks that it maintains, if another group wants to moor more, then that is great. The Lake is Harolds and anyone that follows regulations put out by Transport Canada can moor any wreck they want.

And it seems that most of the ones they have moored they used POW supplies to do it with. So what's the whining for??

I just wish they would stop putting POW down. I understand they have hurt feelings toward some members...... Me mostly. So put me down, I have big shoulders.

Please stop trashing a great organisation because your "feelings are hurt"

Where did you get the notion that I may be upset?
My response was an answer to Chris's (scubacandd) question as to why GLUE doesn't work with POW.
GLUE doesn't work with POW as POW (Through Chris as their representative) said that they do not need the help of GLUE. As simple as that.

Chris knows exactly why I'm not renewing my membership with POW and who is to blame for that.
A hint? One of your "friends" who had nothing better to do than bitch at me when I volunteered to represent POW @ shipwrecks 2008 in Welland.
Your behaviour here actually tells me that I've done the right decision to not renew my POW membership.

But then again, I have better things to do than arguing with you as this exercise is comparable to trying to pull hair out of a bald man's head: Futile and makes no sense whatsoever....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom