Another Similans Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdchua

Reaction score
Hi, I am planning for a trip to Phuket in end Feb . And is looking for a 3 days 3 nigths or 3 day 2 nights liveaboard to similans deaperting on 19/2 or 20/2. I am thinking about the south siam 3. Does anyone has any experience with it? eg, like dive guide, diver per dive guide, etc? Any other recommendation in that price range? Do they provide AOW course on liveaboard?

Have a look at www.thailand-scuba.com but all the boat are in numbers, How do I know the real boat name of it?

After the Liveaboard I am planning to go to Phiphi islands. Does another have any recommendation of dive shop and cheap and good accomodation. Thinkin gof diving with Moskito Diving. any comments?

Thank in advance for the advices.

The boat South Siam is good, relaxed atmosphere. They had some problems last year with the guides being artificially too relaxed, this year everything seems to be ok.
One disadvantage: they also cater to daytrip guests, so it can happen that at the dives around lunchtime and at lunch the boat and water are crowded.
BTW, boat A6 = South Siam 3, you may also want to check out A4. More comfortable and also shorter trips: B7.

hi stevenl,
Just want to check with you what is the name for boat A4?
Is it possible to do my AOW on board?
Thank

An additional source of information for you might be: Andrew Fortune of Ocean Zone Divers in Phuket. Andrew is NAUI's Senior Technical Instructor in South East Asia as well as runs his own dive business there.
He can be contacted at: info@oceanzonedivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom