Another Shearwater Great Service Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnRom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I want to thank Shearwater for another example of their great service. I just got back from Cozumel on Sunday and during my trip one of the buckles on my Petrel had broken. I contacted Shearwater about getting a replacement on Monday and today (Thursday) there was a package with a new set of straps/buckles at my door. Amazing service and I want to voice my appreciation.

My Perdix had a problem in November.
Renewed under warranty and shipped back to the Caribbean for me.
Great emails and on the way back within a week.
It just doesn't get any better.

Just another Great Shearwater Customer Service thread. *Yawn*, snarfle, zzzzz....

(Hey, you guys at Shearwater? Keep it up!)

...and one more happy customer. I had an issue with my Perdix AI..I cant say enough about how great Ness at Shearwater was to work with.

I use the buckles and bungees. Belt and suspenders.

Bump for shearwater from me as well. Had a problem with my transmitter and completely forgot about it and didn’t reply to the email. Wrote back months later and was still able to get it replaced. Perfect customer service. Received a new receiver within 4 days after reply. Was blown away.

I found out that surgical tubing do slip out of knots, no matter how tight you bind it. Regular bungee IME works better.

Double knot the tubing into all 4 corners and then stuff the ends into the long gaps for the straps. Something would first have to pull out the ends before anything could slip and so far none of the tucked ends have even moved.

The only issue that I have had with the bungee is that that the knot slips slowly on mine. Just tighten it before dives and I haven't had any issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom