Another Shark Attack in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update Jewls. This is not good, they already killed 70+ sharks after the last attack. I hate to see what they are going to do now.

Yes, very sad that they had to kill the sharks :( From what I've heard, the sharks come closer to shore to give birth. If they feel threatened, they will attack. Poor lady, she had no clue, but also didn't head the warnings. I've also heard that the Bulls in the area are usually there from November - March. Perhaps they are starting to give birth now, coming closer to shore, and then leave once they give birth. (I have no idea, I'm not a marine biologist).

I wonder how the locals in Cancun are going to react this time.? I wonder if they are going to hunt down as many sharks as they can, like they did last time?

Here's another report (in Spanish) but with pictures

Nuevo ataque de tiburones en Cancún: sorprenden a bañista, (fotos-actualización)

Here's the translation. But, who really knows what the truth is?
Google Translate

Eric Galindo / SIPS
CANCUN, Q. Roo .- After a few months ago suffered a Canadian tourist bitten by a shark, has led to psychosis among emergency services, as the case was recorded yesterday afternoon, when a vacationer from Russia emerged from the sea with an injury to one arm. El primer reporte de las autoridades fue que había sido atacada por uno de estos animales. The first police report was that he had been attacked by one of these animals.

The incident took place near the 16 pm yesterday, when the tourist Liva Pagan, age 26, got to swim in Gaviota Beach, located behind the Plaza Forum, in the Boulevard Kukulcan km 9.
The foreigner out of the sea with a scrape of consideration in one arm. The first thing lifeguards reported to emergency services was that he had been bitten by a shark.

Paramedics arrived at the place Life Support ambulance, number 07, who moved to hospital for medical care Amerimed.

According to Civil Protection was reassured once stabilized, the Russian woman informed the medical staff went for a swim and a wave of rolled, which meant that crashed into some rocks and hurt his arm.

The tourists had been denied that any attack by a shark as it was with a Canadian tourist in early February this year, suffered severe bite from a shark on the beach of Park Royal.

has led to psychosis among emergency services

Not that anything is funny about this, but I just have to say how much I enjoy Google Translate :wink:

I hope she's not seriously injured and that it wasn't a shark incident. It's sad that often it takes these types of incidents to make people take warnings more seriously.

I'm still reeling from the deaths of those in California who stood and watched the Tsunami come in...

I have a scar on my chest to remind me to not swim around waves landing on rocks again. I bet she won't forget either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom