Another one looking for an old Bauer manual, '73 K14-85.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prid1279

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey All,

A mates old compressor unit recently ran out of puff, his local compressor guy didn't want to touch it since it was so old. He has since bought another compressor so I now have the old one to fiddle with and see what needs to be done.

Stupidly, we scavenged the base plate, coalescer and filter stacks of it for the new machine before doing any diagnostic work. I will now need to make up a jig to run it and diagnose issues but that is all achievable. It could easily be a leak or a ring set or two, well worth having a look at in my opinion.

As usual with all these requests I am struggling to find a manual or spare parts listing for a machine of this age. Perhaps my searching skills are worse than I thought but I can't find any info in all the usual places.

If someone can help me out with a manual or spare parts diagram that would be magnificent. I am more than happy to send money up front for copying/scanning or postage costs if anyone has something that might be able to help me. A PDF would be just as helpful to me if anyone has ever gone to the effort of scanning the documents previously.

A few details to help with identification below.

1973 Bauer KA14-85
Serial No. 112155
Block No.3/932

This is the really old one with all the inter and after coolers wrapped around the fan/flywheel.

I am keen to get it going again, it is a piece of history that will run nicely next to my pair of 50 year old Walter Kiddes.

Any help much appreciated.

@windyairman and anyone else who may be able to assist.

Any tips to point me in the right direction would also be much appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

A couple of extra details in pics if anyone can help.
Cheers

Matt

Attachments

• 16226050353243513153631097351170.jpg
    16226050353243513153631097351170.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 16226050655445394226608603072422.jpg
    16226050655445394226608603072422.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 16226051226454415234406107412079.jpg
    16226051226454415234406107412079.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 157
That is the first 7 I have ever seen. I have owned a few 4 cfm and a couple of 8 cfm, never a 7.
I don't have a manual for it, what is it doing?
You can still get valves for it, you can fit a capitano third stage onto the fourth stage if needed. There are work arounds, but there is no new iron available for that machine.

That is the first 7 I have ever seen. I have owned a few 4 cfm and a couple of 8 cfm, never a 7.
I don't have a manual for it, what is it doing?
You can still get valves for it, you can fit a capitano third stage onto the fourth stage if needed. There are work arounds, but there is no new iron available for that machine.

Thanks Tracy, I have yet to have a look at it to figure out what it is doing, need to make up a frame to remount it and the engine to get it turning again to diagnose.
Figured that trying to track down a manual was a good starting point.

Thanks for the info, the Capitano 3rd stage is an interesting suggestion if it comes to that.

Cheers

Matt

Hi
You can get the parts list for your pump
Go to bauer kompressoren DE [german site]
service-support
documents
spare parts
k14
first line is your parts list to down load

I am not so sure that a capitano final stage will fit.

[QUOTE="windyairman, I am not so sure that a capitano final stage will fit.[/QUOTE]

I am running a capitano third stage on my k14-85 fourth stage.
It isn't exactly bolt on, but it will work.

Hi
You can get the parts list for your pump
Go to bauer kompressoren DE [german site]
service-support
documents
spare parts
k14
first line is your parts list to down load

I am not so sure that a capitano final stage will fit.

Right you are windyairman, I should have known that from previous advice that you have given to others, somehow I was still looking at the English site.

There is the document exactly as you described, now saved to my file.

Thankyou. I will start having a closer look at it in the next couple of weeks when I have finished my cascade project.

I never got back to you all regarding what the compressor investigation revealed.

Ended up being a broken spring on the first stage inlet valve.
It had managed to rattle around on top of the pistons thru to the third stage.
There was a fair bit of marking on piston and head in the first stage but little damage to 2nd and 3rd stages.
I got a new spring made and did a little careful tidying of the first stage piston shoulder. After checking ring gaps and what not it all ran well. Ran easily to 220 bar and appeared to function as it did prior.

The unit hasn't been put to any further serious use as I still haven't quite got around to sorting out the 3 phase house service. It is getting closer tho with all cables and permits recently acquired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom