Another old Diver checking out what's going on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Harp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi-new to this computer world. But I like! A Cave Diver for a long time-Age 70. Live in High Springs Florida USA. Not much of a talker, or a belonger, but will try to please. I do, however, belong to the NSS since 1964--#8352. All for now.

Funny how us older folks are reluctant to become computer savvy. Well Im 48, but went 40 years without one. My first interaction with a computer was e mailing Jill Heinerth about Basic Cave. My first post on a forum was Cavediver.net and the whole post was in capitol letters. After some instruction from a kid, my daughter, I got a little better at it. Still type with only 1 finger per hand but I get by. Welcome to SB!

Hi the Harp WELCOME ABOARD!

good to have another old diver around,,i am only 6 years ahead of you,,,

i was in Florida for a few years so we may have passed each other a few times,,

i was stationed in Pensacola 3 times and made Morrison Springs a regular stop a few years ago,
then on to Key Largo and opened Capt Bill Crawford Tropic Isle Dive Shop,,
but after a divorce and out of the USA since 1980,,,

the Harp;5591847]Hi-new to this computer world. But I like! A Cave Diver for a long time-Age 70. Live in High Springs Florida USA. Not much of a talker, or a belonger, but will try to please. I do, however, belong to the NSS since 1964--#8352. All for now.

Three old divers on computer, sounds like the start of a joke :) How well I remember Captain Bill and the Tropic Isle Dive Shop and outgasing in the Tiki Hut next door. I remember the Cat House too :) Still pursing my Dive Master certification. If no one will hire me I might as well dive!

Hi the Harp WELCOME ABOARD!

good to have another old diver around,,i am only 6 years ahead of you,,,

i was in Florida for a few years so we may have passed each other a few times,,

i was stationed in Pensacola 3 times and made Morrison Springs a regular stop a few years ago,
then on to Key Largo and opened Capt Bill Crawford Tropic Isle Dive Shop,,
but after a divorce and out of the USA since 1980,,,

I got Certified in 1974 and mostly did local river and quarry dives I did my first ocean dive on April 9th, 1979 with Tropic Isle Dive Shop in Key Largo. Captain Bill Crawford. I still have the business card.

Attachments

• IMG_4110.JPG
    IMG_4110.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 168
I remember meeting Captain Bill and his (ex) wife long time ago at the shop before 1980. I think her name was Linda. They were very nice. I did not know that they were divorced in the '80s. Wow ! That's over 40 years ago !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom