Another nut on the web with an OW ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redlegs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve have been lurking here for around a year. Since I finally achieved my OW cert with NITROX, figured it was time to join the community per say. Been a long road here.
My father has been a diver since the late 50’s and have always wanted to dive and dive with him. He was one of the first west coast divers to test U. S. Divers single hose regulators for consumer use.
In order to get here, I quit smoking over 5 years ago, and ya .. stacked up the weight. Got to 260 + and disgusted myself with the result. Last August joined a weight loss program and told myself when I was successful, I would treat myself to knocking another thing off my bucket list .. diving..

After losing close to 100 lbs since then, am proud to have gotten my cert at 55 years old. And afraid to admit I’m addicted and addicted to gear <lol>. I’ve got to find cheaper hobbies.
Right now I’m limiting myself to shallow water beach and structure dives until I get more familiar with the gear (diving Axiom I3 or a Hollis solo elite BPW). Fully intend to continue my education with AOW, and rescue diver as well as stick a few finned creatures.
I’m certainly glad to be here …

No need for the caps. :wink:
Hollis solo elite BPW).
It's either the solo or elite harness, not both. (Just making sure you know) I personally prefer the elite harness, which I own on my Hollis BP/W. (selling, btw) Many people prefer the hogarthian (solo) harness, but I love the extra padding and releases.

And as said above great work on getting healthy!

it's a solo .. not an elite ..
i stand corrected .. lol
:wink:

Congratulations! You will continue to enjoy the BP/W--I have two of that model, one aluminum and one steel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom