Another No-Pictures Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Unlike my work computer, on which all photos and avatars pop up instantly, my home Toshiba laptop (with Zone Alarm Pro firewall) has following symptoms:
Sometimes loads all photos on home page, sometimes just a few, sometimes none.
Loads NO photos in gallery: mine, other users, in groups or indivudually.
Loads NO avatars.

Checked and amended privacy settings to always allow scubaboard.com as recommended by another poster.

Made certain I was logging into the scubaboard.com url.

Any suggestions?

ps. none of the icons below are showing up either.

Thanks very much,

Do you see any alerts from ZoneAlarm regarding the site or any error from your browser such as a red stop sign or other status bar icons?

Peter...are you using IE to view the board? What you are describing is the exact same trouble I have. I can see everything just fine in AOL, but I much prefer IE for the way it works. I finally had to change to the No Gallery Style and everything works fine. I don't see the photos or the photo count under members names. I do wish i could figure out how to fix it, I really enjoyed the Gallery until that last upgrade.

Hi Guys,

Mr. TA, no, no Zone Alarm or browser alerts. I checked on all of the Zone alarm tabs and gave scubaboard as much latitude as the options allow.

Dee, yes, I'm using IE, but, oddly, that's the same browser I use at work. And at the radio station (work), we're under the auspices of a huge school system whose network has Draconian firewalls and virus protections, and yet that system has no problem with the Scubaboard images. Go figure.

Thanks for your interest and time, folks. If you have any other suggestions and the time or inclination to offer them, I'd love to hear them.

Ten after two here. I'm turning in to dream of Papua New Guinea.

pps: just realized the avatars are showing on THIS page, but no others!

Thanks again,

Best,

peterjmaerz:
Unlike my work computer, on which all photos and avatars pop up instantly, my home Toshiba laptop (with Zone Alarm Pro firewall) has following symptoms:
Sometimes loads all photos on home page, sometimes just a few, sometimes none.
Loads NO photos in gallery: mine, other users, in groups or indivudually.
Loads NO avatars.

Checked and amended privacy settings to always allow scubaboard.com as recommended by another poster.

Made certain I was logging into the scubaboard.com url.

Any suggestions?

ps. none of the icons below are showing up either.

Thanks very much,

problem as Peter, also as stated on another post if I go to the gallery then another web site I lose some of the graphics there. I have given up on it.

It might just be something to do with the way the browser is caching files on the laptop, or it may not have enough space to work in.

Have you tried deleting the cache files and refreshing the page to see if it refreshes properly after that? To do this ( and forgive me if I'm stating the obvious):

1 On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2 Press the Delete Files... button in the Temporary Internet Files secton of the General tab.
3 Close the dialog and press F5 to refresh the page

If this works then try increasing the cache size so that you don't have to delete the cache every time. To change the cache size on IE do the following:

1 On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2 On the General tab, click Settings.
3 To create more space to store pages temporarily, move the slider to the right.

Hope this helps

I have changed our page document type, is there any noticable differance with the photo loading now?

Hi Tech Admin...
Sorry to say neither your efforts nor mine, involving increasing cache size as per orangeBloke, have yielded results. Did enjoy viewing the gallery at work today! By the way, if it matters in your investigation, I have earthlink DSL at 100000.0kbps and my Toshiba's running windows XP home edition with 512k.

same prblems, same results. It's interesting too - when I visit other wesbsite after going to scubaboard, I have trouble with their jpg / tif graphics too. I don't seem to have them if I go to those websites first. Sometimes rebooting helps but that sux.

Ya know, Zipsy....

I went to my bookmarked Dictionary site after leaving the board and experienced the same thing! Graphics didn't load--I couldn't find the "go" button!

Hmmmm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom