another newbie...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cs4160

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,
Using a hero5 (that I have used before, but without lights) with new dual sola 2500, 12 inch 3/4 locline arms with the backscatter tray. Hitting Cozumel soon.

1. any tips or best practices?
2. do people tether their lights to the tray just in case the arms pop off? I was thinking of just getting some thin nylon rope, maybe zip tie or tape it a few places to stop it from being too loose...
3. I have the flip filters. Do you still use them with lights?
4. I use just one lanyard , but I have seen people with 2...I guess it balances things if clipped in with no hands...opinion?
5. any suggestions on settings? plan to use 1080p/60, IS on.

Thanks for any help.

One other question....for just UW use, will I see a major improvement if I keep with the 5 and not get a 7 before my trip? I know what the technical differences are, just curious about real world experiences. Funny enough, if this was a bit earlier in the year, I would probably pull the trigger and get a new one, but with the expectations of an 8 hitting the shelves in a few months, I am leaning towards waiting....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom