Another Hello from Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akbpilot

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi from frozen Fairbanks (-40F or so for the last 3 weeks). My wife and I are new to diving, just finished classroom and Confined last week, heading to Cozumel this week for OW cert. If all goes well, should be diving a week from now. We've gotten a lot of good info from the site, thanks to all.

Hi,
Welcome to scuba board

Cheer
Jason

Welcome to the board, akbpilot.
Good luck on your open water dives, and enjoy the warm and clear water of Coz.
Cheryl M.

Wow, you're so lucky to be heading to Cozumel! Good luck with your certification dives. Not that you'll need it, if you were comfortable in class, it should be a snap. If ya ask me, the hardest thing you'll have to do is leave Cozumel, bound for ffffffrozen Fairbanks! Welcome to SB, the only suitable place to be in temps like that! :11: YIKES!

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving, too. Life, as you see it, may never be the same! It has definitely changed many things for me. Dive safely and enjoy. See you on the board!

Have a good trip, and come back when you can...

:bandit_2: don

Thanks to all that replied. We are in our early 50's, enjoying our new lives together, second trip to Coz(Went there on our honeymoon in '03. Had little idea at the time about the diving in Coz, just picked it on a whim cuz it was the furthest we could fly on AKAir) Have done a buch of snorkeling (Cook Islands, Fiji, Coz, Akumal). Always meant to take a resort course to try diving, but finally made the commitment this winter, and the timing worked out with a vacation, so Coz was the logical choice. Will be staying at Villas Las Anclas, and doing our OW with Blue Angel. Maybe we'll meet up with some of you when we're down there.

Welcome to the Board... Have a great trip and let us know how it was when you get back.....

Welcome to the forum... tons of great info here for newbies... myself included... most of my concerns, issues, questions and background has been established through the perusal of all the great posts. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom