Another Halcyon-alike question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fetch

Contributor
Reaction score
At the bottom of
http://www.halcyon.net/mc/harness.shtml

Is a nifty pocket I'm dying to have. While of course a bit on the halcyon-expensive side ($70)... I'd happily pay that if it was in stock. Which it isn't, and isn't expected to be for "some time" according to the EE salesrep.

So I ask once again for Halcyon-alikes :) Specifically, I need a webbing mountable pocket, plastic reinforced to maintain shape (and help with long hose rigging). Anyone know of other manfacturer's pockets designed similarly?

thanks,
jeff

FifthD also has nice pockets for $30, but they have been backordered for what seems like an eternity. You might also check out Zeagle and OMS, I seem to remember them having some webbing compatible pockets that looked ok.

I ordered the fifthD pockets and am still waiting...

I had one of those for a bit but did not like it and ended up sending it back. It was hard to get to the pocket back there, and if you do not have it bolted to the bp it tended to slide forward. It has a metal d ring inside which is not as convenient as the simple bungee. It did help with hose routing but that can be done by putting the length in the belt. I got the thigh pockets and have been very, very happy with them.

Tommy

Originally posted by tombiowami
It was hard to get to the pocket back there, and if you do not have it bolted to the bp it tended to slide forward.
I've got one and love it when I'm not carrying a canister. I actually cut off the tab you use to bolt the pocket to the BP and I hold it in place with a buckle just like it was a canister.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom