Another great piece on Fundies from Gareth Burrows!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
To follow up on the introduction of Diver 1 and Diver 2, Gareth has written another excellent piece on preparation for Fundies: Secrets of Fundamentals: the top mistakes people make

Really, it's almost a shame to put these posts in the DIR forum, since what he writes really applies to any and all diving classes.

BTW, for anybody who is reading these and enjoying them, there are a TON of essay on his website under the Resources section, and all of them are good.

It worked.

There must be an intermittent website problem, because I can't get it to work now, either.

Was able to read the article, thanks for sharing and doing such good write ups. I'm looking at doing the fundamentals course next fall, and seeing the section of over preparing caught my attention. Also the reminder to go swim sometime, something I don't do often enough. Thanks again, and now i'm going to go share your blog with a couple friends :)

Very interesting thank you for giving me some more to think about. I especially liked the idea of not over preparing for the course I am probally guilty of doing that to some extent.

Thank you for validating my thoughts that I should get comfortable with the rig before class. I am working at getting my twinset going and will be getting some time in it before I go to my advanced nitrox and Deco Procedures course.

I liked this. I liked the tips, but more so, i liked the focus on the team. Its the military side of me liking the camaraderie concept. And the adventerurer that relishes being part of a team that is exploring new areas.

New drysuit should be here in January, practice skills and relearn buoyancy control throughout February, and maybe I'll find time in the schedule for fundies next summer.

Gareth, it was a very good article to read. I also really enjoyed your Cave 1 report, one of the most detailed and interesting reports I've found on the net.
Thank you!

I think I am the ego, haha. No, I am not an ego, absolutely not, but yes, I can pass the course. :wink: LOL
I recognise some things, but some other things I really do not recognise. Why sign up with the idea: let's look how far I can come? I will never sign up for any course or sport with that idea. I want the best and that is only pass a techrating. Wrong? no, I don't think so, it will make you one of the most willing divers to learn. And that makes you a better diver.
But for the instructor it is more difficult to teach really experienced divers than beginners. The experienced ones will already have an opinion in what does not work and what works. And they already know a lot. So they will not say yes and Amen.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom