Another Folk Hero Dead at 69

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Robert Craig Knievel passed away this week, he was 69.

Once able to leap 20 cars - self described as "scar tissue and surgical wire"

He just grew weary and gave up the fight against diabetes and Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Travel well Evel - we'll miss your crazy antics!

I remember seeing the movie with George...can't think of his last name...the sun tan guy??? After that it was everything Knievel...Many times us neighborhood kids would line up trash cans and build ramps and jump them...It was great if you cleared them but even greater if you didn't:) Rest easy Bobby K....

YouTube - Evel Knievel at Caesar's Palace

I remember seeing the movie with George...can't think of his last name...the sun tan guy??? After that it was everything Knievel...Many times us neighborhood kids would line up trash cans and build ramps and jump them...It was great if you cleared them but even greater if you didn't:)

I was the same way. I had banged up knees and elbows for most of my childhood trying to be like Knievel.

George Hamilton is the suntan guy. Sam Elliot was also supposed to be in an Evil Knievel movie but I've never seen it.

Motorcycle jumping was pretty big back then but EK is the only one anyone remembers, which says a lot for his style and charisma.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom