Another DiveOp Recommendation Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Grand Cayman Jan 29 to Feb 8. Staying at the south end of NW Point Rd. Planning on diving 4 or 5 days as a single diver, plus a stingray city trip with my wife. I was originally thinking of using Divetech for 2 or 3 days, as they are quite close, and then using Ocean Frontiers for a couple of days, as it seems that the diving is quite nice on the East End. Now I see that Wall to Wall Diving does a 3 dive trip once a week to the East End, so I may be able to do all my diving with 1 diveop, but get in some east end diving in as well; means a bit more of a drive each dive day though.

Anyone have any feedback on Wall to Wall Diving, specifically on their East End trip. My usual criteria is small ops that allow diving of your computer, and ability to split up divers a bit based on experience. Price is less of a factor than getting the best dives in. Also, I didn't see any reference to nitrox on their website, but would assume that nitrox is commonly dove to maximize bottom time, particularly if they have an "advanced" boat.

Thanks for the info!

Mark

I don't have any personal experience diving with Wall To Wall. I have dove with DT and OF as a single diver and both are accommodating to single divers. You can buddy up or ask to have the DM as your buddy and you are usually given a good deal of freedom on your dives. Remember officially no solo diving permitted in GC.

I was on Grand Cayman for two weeks in late September/early October this year and did all of my diving with Wall to Wall. The boats were fast and not crowded, sometimes left from the Marina, other times from SMB. The guides led for a 20-30 minute portion of the dive, then left you to dive your own profile with your buddy. Call Giles @ 345-916-6408 with any specific questions. They also offer a discount for multiple days of diving. I will use them again when I go back!

I've used Wall to Wall and was quite satisfied, on our last dive we saw a 10 foot Hammer Head on the north wall close up which really would lead any experienced diver with a satisfied dive.

Wall To Wall is a good operation, you'll not have any issues with them. As far as the three tank dive goes; I would actually prefer to drive down to the East End and dive with OF or Tortuga. The sites on the south east corner are some of the best on the island, so getting more dives down there would be worth the early start - just my two cents!

I"ve dived with Wall to Wall a number of times and they are a very good op. As I recall, 3 tank trips were very infrequent and in February, with the wind, might be too rough to go that way by boat anyway.

There are a number of operators including DNS and Indigo who are based right at the dock in West Bay, walking distance from where you are staying and more convenient then going down to the Lobster Pot in the AM to pick up Wall to Wall's boat.

If you want to dive East End, drive there and go out with Ocean Frontiers.

I think every operator on GC offers a multi day discount, by the way.

As a resident I would recommend OF in the East End, in the west of the island there is Divetech, Epic, Off The Wall divers and quite a few others. I have not heard of any poor ones. Also remember we have great shore diving, Maccabucca, Lighthouse Point in West Bay, Sunset House and Don Fosters in South Sound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom