Another dive season coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see water temps at the Newport NOAA buoy just starting the move up, if only by a couple degrees. At least the movement is in the right direction. NDBC - Station NWPR1 Recent Data Looking forward to another season of diving RI/FT W.

Dove Ft. Adams in Newport last night around 615. Temperature at the surface was 46, temperature at 85ft was 40.

So that was the East Passage? How was the vis.? I haven't dove all winter because of the lousy weather. I was shooting for an ice dive locally but life got in the way and the ice melted.

15-20 ft. In the shallows it got a little silty, that's why I went deeper. It was just after the rain ended. I hit Jamestown March 12 and had over 20ft Vis. The best I have ever seen there.

15-20 ft. In the shallows it got a little silty, that's why I went deeper. It was just after the rain ended. I hit Jamestown March 12 and had over 20ft Vis. The best I have ever seen there.
20'? I am posting this for no other reason than spite... Here was my March 12th dive...

@CT-Rich as you and I both know, we deal with the misery of New England diving so that when truely good conditions are present we may whole heartedly appreciate them. It brings a certain respect to what some people consider excellent conditions.

When ever I head south of CT and conditions exceed 20ft Vis, its almost like diving in the clouds. It's a toss up of whether I love better Vis, warmer water, or the white sands of many locals.

Nice video, makes me reminisce. Can't wait for May when I'm headed to the Caribbean for a week.

Newport NOAA buoy hitting 50. 5 more degrees and I am in. Hope to start diving later this month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom