Another dive job but without a call-out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Media Release
July 16, 2004

On July 16,2004 at approx. 1100 hours the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department along with the U.S. Army Bomb Disposal Unit out of Yakima Wa. Responded to Hayden Lake, in the area of the spillway, for a pipe bomb. A person snorkeling the evening before located the bomb. The bomb was approx. 6 inches long and constructed out of white PVC pipe was removed from the water by Kootenai County Dive Team Personnel and the Bomb Disposal Unit neutralized the bomb.

At this time the Sheriff’s Department does not have any leads or suspects.

Bla Bla Bla.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We average around 3 every 5 years in the same area. We had a couple of divers on duty when it was recovered so there was no need for a call-out. I’m glad someone else got the pleasure of removing it. I’ve done the last two.

They are normally safe when we find them but your never 100% sure. We did have one about 17 or 18 years ago that did blow up during the destruction process.

At least they don’t smell like other recoveries;^)

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom