Another dive in Cultus Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did a 1km traverse of the shoreline between Jade Bay and Spring Bay on the weekend to take a look at the slope topography as part of the Cultus Lake Project, which can be found here Welcome to the Cultus Lake Project - manfish.ca The adventure of Grassroots Canadian Diving
After exiting I buried my gear under a big pile of leaves and walked back along the road to retrieve my car from the starting point. Oh what geeky fun!
The (admittedly boring) video can be found here:

[video=youtube;TBiSszUtcMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBiSszUtcMw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Not specifically about this dive, but I enjoyed reading the article on lake dynamics on the project website. Lots of stuff there I didn't know!

Thanks Lynne.
Learning something about the background dynamics allows me to see more than what is presented to the eye, so to speak, and often leaves more questions than answers. Right now I am very curious regarding what effect increasing eutrophication will have on oxygen levels in the deeper zones of the lake when stagnation periods develop (due to temp. related stratification).

BTW, you divers have a similar situation regarding pygmy sculpins in Lake Washington. Like Cultus, there is a species (or genetically distinct population) that only occurs there of which little is known regarding habitat, behavior or reproduction life cycle (in situe). excellent opportunity for local divers with way too much time on their hands to conduct their own fish study :)

Dale - this sounds as though it might dovetail nicely with our Project Baseline ideas. I'll Pm you about more details of what you have been doing. I find the little sculpins in Lake Washington to be fascinating.

Not specifically about this dive, but I enjoyed reading the article on lake dynamics on the project website. Lots of stuff there I didn't know!

I agree. It explained the fall and spring turnover nicely. I knew that it existed, I just wasn't sure how it all worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom