Another CZM diving death Nov 21.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here as well, and so far, no details. Another sad event.

These may ALL be totally unrelated, unfortunate incidents but does it seem like an unusually high number of fatal accidents for CZM? Doesn't this make 5 deaths in the last 2 months?

Argentine diver dies diving in Cozumel [Archive] - ScubaBoard

cozumel accident 9/4/11, THE FACTS [Archive] - ScubaBoard

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/401986-new-york-tourist-dies-cozumel.html

Brendan L. Nappier - The Missourian: Obits

And today's? I've been diving here for decades and this seems like a truly tragic bad streak.

These may ALL be totally unrelated, unfortunate incidents but does it seem like an unusually high number of fatal accidents for CZM? Doesn't this make 5 deaths in the last 2 months?

Argentine diver dies diving in Cozumel [Archive] - ScubaBoard

cozumel accident 9/4/11, THE FACTS [Archive] - ScubaBoard

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/401986-new-york-tourist-dies-cozumel.html

Brendan L. Nappier - The Missourian: Obits

And today's? I've been diving here for decades and this seems like a truly tragic bad streak.
I have no idea what happened today on the wreck, but so far - as wild as it is to have 5 fatalities there in 2 months, still - all I see is Random Grouping. Not much in common other than the sport, which we know is potentially dangerous - which we try to manage safely.

I'm sure it's stressful for the locals who have to help with the aftermath including our Deputy Consulate, as well as sad for the respective families & friends plus others on the boats or staying at the same hotels.

I guess I'm just wondering if there's a board of some sort that reviews these incident clusters - like morbidity/mortality post-ops - to see who was involved, what measures were in place, best-practices, number of dives each fatality had under his/her belt, location, what "might" have prevented it? I heard the woman today really didn't want to do the second dive. If that's true, why DID she? I certainly DON'T want the powers that be in CZM involved but maybe someone at DAN can look into this? Not looking to assign blame; just hoping to learn how to prevent another family from getting horrible news that can't fathom. We were at the table next to these divers yesterday, laughing and enjoying the surface interval and now one of them is gone. Just sad.

Wow, another tragedy... very sad. Let's not run wild with conjecture until we hear some information from a credibile source. Thoughts go out to the family and friends who lost a loved one today.

[h=1]American tourist dies while diving in Chankanaab[/h][h=2]COZUMEL, Q. Roo .- Coming from Baltimore, Suzanne Stevenson, 69, left the group, was found dead two hours later.[/h]

Julian Miranda / SIPSE
COZUMEL, Q. Roo .- Death of a tourist 69 years when diving in Chankanaab reef with four friends.

Suzanne Stevenson, a native of Baltimore, United States, this morning, on board the vessel "Sleeping shark", he went to Chankanaab reef located in the south of the island.

The underwater experience that began as an activity on their vacation ended in tragedy when Suzanne left the group who commanded the ship's captain, Gonzalo Solis, around 9:30 in the morning.

The woman remained missing about two hours, to be found in the deep sea without life was removed and taken to the shelter Caleta where, in vain, emergency services were waiting for their arrival.

The place came the Forensic Medical Service personnel (Semefo) to perform the autopsy of law.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom