Another boat down in the Columbia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg D.

Contributor
Reaction score
The Public utility folks were working on the damns and noticed a submrged boat. (They had a boat out to catch any workers that fell in the river) The had the water drawn down so low that they could even read the numbers off the boat.
I jumped in 30 or 40 feet upstream of it and got down on it and hooked the rope up, nobody in it. Out boat pulled it up out of the water and by the time they had it down to the launch enough water had ran out that it was still floating.
The owners have still not been contacted to my knowledge. He probably doenst want it back. It was an older fiberglass boat not worth much IMO.
But I can just imagine the fish stories this guy is telling his wife to convice her he needs a new boat :D

Gregoire:
The Public utility folks were working on the damns and noticed a submrged boat. (They had a boat out to catch any workers that fell in the river) The had the water drawn down so low that they could even read the numbers off the boat.
I jumped in 30 or 40 feet upstream of it and got down on it and hooked the rope up, nobody in it. Out boat pulled it up out of the water and by the time they had it down to the launch enough water had ran out that it was still floating.
The owners have still not been contacted to my knowledge. He probably doenst want it back. It was an older fiberglass boat not worth much IMO.
But I can just imagine the fish stories this guy is telling his wife to convice her he needs a new boat :D

You just never know....Maybe his wife *bought* him that
boat..... LOL :)

R..

Gregoire:
Hey! That's my boat! Ship it back to me and no hard feelings. :wink:

If anyone is REALLY ambitious, we lost 6 boats from our marina on Saturday thanks to IVAN!! A 50' Houseboat, a 44' Houseboat, and an 18' runabout are now laying on the bottom of the Allegheny River somewhere around Pittsburgh. A lot of marinas in the area suffered severe damage and a lot of boats were broken loose.

Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) mine survived!

Gregoire:
Thanks for taking some of the heat off of us Greg. We need to dry out for a while so we are shipping our stuff downstream.:D

When was the last registration date?

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Thanks for taking some of the heat off of us Greg. We need to dry out for a while so we are shipping our stuff downstream.:D

When was the last registration date?

Gary D.
I can't remember the exact date off hand but she was good till 2005. It was found in a really popular salmon fishing area, so they think it was fairly recent that she sunk.

Back
Top Bottom