Another Ambergris Caye thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traveljunkie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone. I have been reading on this site for a few months and finally registered. My wife and I will be visiting Ambergris Caye May12-19 and want to experience as much as we can without doing too much. As of now we are looking at and overnight trip to Turneffe and possibly having the Blue Hole tied into that 2 day trip. Normally the package is 5 dives on Turneffe but I was offered the chance to dive The Blue Hole, Halfmoon Caye, and Long caye the first day and camping at Halfmoon Caye instead of Turneffe and doing two dives at Turneffe the following day. I know quite a few of you have visited both sites and would like your opinions on if I should just leave the package as all dives at Turneffe or split with The Blue Hole being I could dive it and Halfmoon Caye and Long Caye in one trip. That seems like the best route for money value and time.

I vote for the overnight stay on Half Moon Caye. You just don't get many chances to hang out overnight on the edge of the world. I'll be based further south in Placencia in June, and if Splash elects to do an overnighter at Half Moon while I'm there then sign me up.

Diving around Turneffe is awesome! The Blue Hole is great... some divers don't agree. I liked it as it seemed so prehistoric to me, although I'm not sure I would go back. Once for me is enough but worth it. It's also a deep dive.

I'm not expecting to see too much at the Blue Hole but I kind of feel if I am going to be there I need to dive it. Turneffe is probably what we are looking forward to the most. I'm thinking after this trip I will want to go back several more times and eventually get to most of the big sites out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom