Anonymous Dive Shop for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Check this out:

Business Brokers Hawaii - Hawaii's Largest Business Brokerage

This is a highly-rated PADI Dive Center, located in Hawaii on the island of Maui, serving local scuba diving professionals (including other local dive shops & companies) as well as the direct/retail resident & tourist markets. Services include equipment sales, rentals, & repairs (representing many manufacturers), dive instruction, boat & specialty dives, and other specialized services unique in the area (not offered by or available through other local dive shops/companies). A number of service contracts are in-place (and available to a new buyer/owner) consistently generating a significant portion of overall revenues, while tapping only a portion of the potential market for such contractual opportunities.

This well-established and respected dive center is located in an extremely popular and busy area, with high levels of local and tourist auto & foot traffic constantly passing right by the front door, great visibility, easy access, a large and inviting retail showroom, and ample space for all of the other activities, interests and operations of the business.

I'm very curious about what dive shop this is. I think it's a shop without a boat due to the price and it not being mentioned but maybe that's part of the cloaking... It also mentions it's a Padi Dive Center... not sure if this is a formal shop designation by Padi or just means they teach PADI... I'm just trying to narrow it down if possible...

If you comment, please keep it friendly and don't use this as a chance to bash anyone.

Thanks,

Sean

I know that Maui Diving Scuba Center (in the Anchor Square in Lahaina) has been offered for sale in the real estate magazines. IIRC, it was in the $450k range... and from those that I've talked to who have seen the books (to evaluate purchase decision), that's a *very* high price to be asking.

Pacific Dive changed ownership at least once in the last 8 years, maybe the latest set of owners wants to move on. Their tank fill business fits the description of services to other dive shops and generating a significant portion of their biz. Pacific Dive also fits the description " is located in an extremely popular and busy area, with high levels of local and tourist auto & foot traffic constantly passing right by the front door, great visibility,"

Just a guess. I have no independent knowledge of what's going on with Pacific Dive these days.

The Ad says Hawaiian Ocean Divers. What is that supposed to mean? Why don't you just take the "three easy steps" listed on the site to find out more? Here's a clue: It looks like they have scooters. Here's another clue: They dive in areas where there are gorgonians and sea whips. Wait a minute...that pic wasn't taken from around here! Oh snap, I guess that's not a good clue after all....

It remains a mystery....

Pacific Dive is a PADI 5Star. Not that the realtor would've made that distinction necessarily.

It also mentions it's a Padi Dive Center... not sure if this is a formal shop designation by Padi or just means they teach PADI... I'm just trying to narrow it down if possible...

PADI Dive Center is the entry-level rating for a dive shop. You do have to meet some basic criteria (e.g. bricks & mortar) but other than that, is just a paid-for advertising title.

Pacific Dive is a PADI 5Star. Not that the realtor would've made that distinction necessarily.

I would hope that the shop owners would have made that pretty clear to the realtor -- but since it's being done anonymously, omission of that could also have something to do with avoiding recognition. Naming it as a 5-Star would GREATLY reduce the number of options. :D

Since we're on the topic of shop ratings, I suspect, too that this is a *shop* -- not a resort kiosk. Those are typically called PADI Dive Resorts, and have different qualification standards.

hopefully any potential buyers know to ask if the shop has beach permits ... several local shops do not have their own permits :S
That's true... and I don't know what happened with the new rules, but the ones proposed earlier this year (that had people REALLY upset) did not allow for transfer of ownership of either the permit nor would they be retained by the business if the business changed ownership.

Of course, if it's a west-side op, there's no permits used at Airport beach... at least not county ones. :)

that discription could also fit a couple here on O'ahu too,, i hear 1 shops closing soon, and at least 1 other is quietly trying to sell,,,funny though,,, in this economy it seems sellers are asking more than reasonable prices,, on boats and shops

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom