Annual Service Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackfin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Ben,

One thing that I have always been able to brag about in regards to my X-scooter was the great support and the online videos to perform annual service and other tasks. So thanks for all the great work!! I just have on small request. :D If you ever re-do the annual service video would have mind getting that camera a bit closer so we can see what part he has in his hand when he re-installs the components?

Thanks again for a great scooter and excellent support!

Joe Velie

Hey Ben,

One thing that I have always been able to brag about in regards to my X-scooter was the great support and the online videos to perform annual service and other tasks. So thanks for all the great work!! I just have on small request. :D If you ever re-do the annual service video would have mind getting that camera a bit closer so we can see what part he has in his hand when he re-installs the components?

Thanks again for a great scooter and excellent support!

Joe Velie

Will do, thanks for the feedback. Im sure youve seen the exploded drawings that you can use as well to follow along ?

If you mean the Support Documents, yes, I pulled the one up to make sure I got it all back together right. One other little trick I learned since this was my first time doing this. I was having a hard time getting the shaft seal to be seated. I found that just wetting with my tongue (like a do the seal on my dry gloves) allowed it to slip right into place.

Anyway, thanks again guys for all the great work you do.

Joe

If you mean the Support Documents, yes, I pulled the one up to make sure I got it all back together right. One other little trick I learned since this was my first time doing this. I was having a hard time getting the shaft seal to be seated. I found that just wetting with my tongue (like a do the seal on my dry gloves) allowed it to slip right into place.

Anyway, thanks again guys for all the great work you do.

Joe

The white lower part? Yes, lubrication makes it a lot easier, also cheking that the rubber boot is even all the way around helps alot to.

When we install them at Dive Xtras we use a soft locktite and that acts as a lubricant.

I guess you could maybe use oil like you do on the shaft for the second part of the seal.

Well, it was that time of year again for the annual service, and it was so nice to be able to use the updated Annual Service Video. So nice and easy to follow. Thanks again to your team for the great work!

Well, it was that time of year again for the annual service, and it was so nice to be able to use the updated Annual Service Video. So nice and easy to follow. Thanks again to your team for the great work!

Thanks, Im glad it worked out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom