Annual Arctic Dive & Wine & Cheese Contest - Lake Murray, Feb 23-24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The time is upon us for the annual Diving Rebel Wine and Cheese Festival and Scubadillo Arctic Dive. So come freeze, or burn your tails off as Mother Nature and the pyromaniacs wield their special powers. Partake of the frigid water, the test of real diverhood, or possibly sanity, and then warm with the fire and the fruit of the vine as the competition heats up for best, white and red, and worst. Then tingle your taste buds with a sampling of cheese and see how you rate it as the best cheese is selected. Circulating among the crowd, pausing here and there for conversation whittles the night away. The crowd too dwindles and the embers fade until at last there is only one that has to find his way to the warmth of his tent.

As always, there will be food a plenty and the usual delectable meats.

Now for the important stuff:

When: February 23 – 24, 2008, Dinner bell target time 5pm
Where: Marietta’s Landing, Lake Murray, Oklahoma
Tickets: $10 before February 17th, $15 on-site

Primary contact: president@divingrebels.org

Come on out, you never know what fun and games will be going on.

Well Dan.... You talked me into it ... Again !
Shoot, I'd be there anyway :D

Folks....If you have not been to one of these it is a super event weather you dive or not.

Good food and nice people, Wild animals and a big fire.

I find it much more enjoyable to dive Murray in the sleet so I'll have to check the weather report first. Sounds fun though, what with the Amish being on strike and all, so no warm cognac or towels, but vin de rouge, as they say in gaye pairee, could make up for it.

Any idea what those divers are rebelling against?

Word has it the amish are getting close to a settlement. The prediction is they will be back to work by then! (I think the hot towels were a casualty of the negotiations though from what I hear)

Guess you gotta give up somethin....

Well Dan.... You talked me into it ... Again !
Shoot, I'd be there anyway :D

Folks....If you have not been to one of these it is a super event weather you dive or not.

Good food and nice people, Wild animals and a big fire.

You forgot the 'dust storm and gale force winds' of 07'!!! :rofl3:

:stirpot:Yayyyyy it's time to go get drunk in the woods and watch the 7 or so people that decide to dive!!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!:cheers:

:stirpot:Yayyyyy it's time to go get drunk in the woods and watch the 7 or so people that decide to dive!!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!:cheers:

.........dang........:popcorn:

Cool, got it on my calendar. Hope my 8mm will keep me warm enough.

Back
Top Bottom