Annoying google “ad”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PfcAJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I keep getting a SUPER annoying “congrats google user you’ve won a chance to win something” pop up.

What’s doin with that?

E95_FB193_9_BDE_4_BE2_B6_FA_E93103357_E77.png

Turn off JavaScript if your on Apple iOS. It will stop it.

No, I'm sorry. The hosting company needs to rid this nuisance.....I'm surprised no Admin has addressed this yet to the boards population?

You can't choose which ads you get. And there are too many ads for Google to effectively filter them out.

Just pay some money to support the forum and you can remove ads completely. :wink:

You can't choose which ads you get. And there are too many ads for Google to effectively filter them out.

Just pay some money to support the forum and you can remove ads completely. :wink:
I did and I'm still getting ads all over this real estate....real shame. Our motorcycle forum has been add free since 1999!:wink:

Disabling JavaScript has worked for me....takes about 10 seconds to do. It's not my idea, another memeber on another thread came up with the fix. Truth be told....I know less than nothing about computers these days.

Good luck,
Jay

I suspect one of the ad click-thorough providers got purchased, and is now pushing this garbage.

Java is required by many platforms...not just Scubaboard.

Back
Top Bottom