Announcing Subsurface 4.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Subsurface development team proudly announces release 4.4 of Subsurface, an open source divelog and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and a number of Linux flavors (Ubuntu, Debian Jessie, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE). Please take a look at our Downloads page for details.

Some of the changes since Subsurface 4.3

Subsurface supports posting a dive with profile pictures and some of the relevant data to a user’s timeline on Facebook.

Subsurface now allows the user to select which of the dives downloaded from a dive computer will be added to the dive list.
subsurface-dive-computer1.png

Download from Dive Computer Dialog

We have added more capabilities to the CSV import for manually kept dive logs; this now includes start and end pressure for the main tank as well as air and water temperatures.

There is also a new interactive dialog that makes it much easier to identify the meaning of various columns in CSV import.

subsurface-csv.png

CSV Import Dialog

Subsurface can now import dive databases from the Cobalt divelog program.

Subsurface profile drawing has been sped up significantly which also improved the situation when using the visual editor to add dives or plan dives.

We have made more progress with PSCR support -- still not fully functional, but getting closer. It is now possible to select the type of a dive (OC, CCR, PSCR) in the UI.

Changes to a dive location on the globe now trigger dive edit mode and can be rejected. GPS coordinates are shown immediately when selecting a dive site on the globe.

For owners of the Heinrichs & Weikamp OSTC 3 and OSTC Sport Subsurface now supports updating the firmware and informs users of new firmware releases.

Add support for importing logs from the Divesoft Freedom

Dropped the 64bit Windows binary and went back to a single 32bit binary that works on all versions of Windows, 32 or 64bit, all the way back to Windows XP.

---------- Post added February 4th, 2015 at 03:17 PM ----------

One thing I should mention in every post I do... sending me private messages with support requests does not scale. I simply cannot do that. This is a hobby, it's a project I spend way too much time on already, a project I spend a lot of money on driving forward and I don't make a single dime from.

In that spirit, let's answer two questions I just got:

a) divelogs.de integration and multiple tank support
Subsurface 4.4 will correctly read multiple tanks from divelogs.de imports. But if there is no gas switch to a tank, by default it isn't shown (we are going to change that behavior in the next version). So in order to see all the tanks either add a gas switch or go to the preferences and mark that you want to see unused tanks

b) when will you support the Oceanic VTX
Let me quote from our FAQ:

Can you add support for dive computer X?

We support a large number of dive computers already and are always happy to add support for more. Please contact us via the user forums so we can try to help. Some vendors have actively helped us in our work and adding support for new models from those vendors is usually easy. Other vendors are more neutral, some are actively hostile. Without help from the vendor it can be rather challenging to reverse engineer the transfer protocol and the dive encoding, but with sufficient help from you it is often possible to do so.

A good starting point is often to send us a libdivecomputer log and dump (you can pick those in the dive computer download dialog) when connecting to the dive computer using a similar existing model (if possible).

So for the VTX, tell Subsurface that you have an Aeris A300CS and see what happens. And send us the log file and the dump file.

Last edited:
a) divelogs.de integration and multiple tank support
Subsurface 4.4 will correctly read multiple tanks from divelogs.de imports. But if there is no gas switch to a tank, by default it isn't shown (we are going to change that behavior in the next version). So in order to see all the tanks either add a gas switch or go to the preferences and mark that you want to see unused tanks

Actually, we should already show the tanks if the tank pressure drops by at least 5 bars (start pressure vs. end pressure) during the dive. However, if there is no gas change and the tank pressure does not drop as required, then the preference change is required to show the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom