Anniversary gift ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was checking over our dive gear for our upcoming trip, looked at my wife’s cert card (I have no idea why) and noticed her dive certification anniversary is Nov 23 (so I have plenty of time). On November 23rd, 1987 she became a certified diver, my dive buddy and a few months later my wife. 35 years of diving together…..oh what memories. i am looking for something different but dive related to get her.

Any ideas? We already have trips planned for Bonaire (April) and Little Cayman (July to Southern Cross). May have to cancel our Prague trip in Sept so maybe another trip? Has to be somewhere we can get to and back in 7 days. We have all our gear and as I have looked around our lds nothing catches my eye. Unique dives? Thought about cage diving with great whites ( Guadalupe). Been all over Caribbea.

I want to celebrate this milestone.

Thanks!,,, Bill

Trying to think outside the box. Instead of getting her something or taking another trip, how about making a contribution to some good cause in her name? All kinds of things out there relating to oceans, divers, and so forth.

If you want something women related, the Women’s Diver Hall of Fame has scholarship funds for diver grants.

Are you looking for something specific - i.e. trip ideas? Sentimental, gear related, or anything somewhat related to diving?

Do you have any good pictures of her diving? How about a hand drawn or painted photo? They could add you in as well. I've purchased pencil drawings on Etsy before as gifts and they were a huge hit.

... nothing catches my eye.
I've seen Big Blue Jewelers at several scuba shows. Their booth is always packed with women so they must be very popular with female divers. They also do custom work and can suggest a design with a sketch. Although not a big ticket treat,,,,,,it's definitely the cherry on top.

jewelry.jpg

A piece of scuba gear made in 1987. It may be challenging to find but the search itself is probably very enjoyable. And this forum is probably a great starting spot.

If she's not using one already, maybe a Shearwater Teric dive computer? Just a thought. If I wanted to spend a big chunk of 'I love you' money, Atomic Aquatics has an expensive BCD and that highly colorful limited edition (IIRC) regulator (I would choke if I had to pay that price, but you may be more sentimental than I am).

Have you been to St. Eustatius, Grenada, Dominica or some of the other islands that are hit less?

Congratulations on the milestone :)
I'm sure a dream trip to somewhere exotic would be amazing.
Maybe a custom personalized plaque to mark the occasion?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom