Anilao??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried to go there once about 2 years ago - never made it past the lobby. The facilities look nice but I have never been treated more poorly in a resort or hotel in my life!!

I went in to enquire about the cost of doing some day dives while my wife and children (non divers) stayed at the resort, swam in the pool, etc. (which they claimed on their website was ok). They proceeded to try to gouge me on the prices for day dives and generally treated us so rudely that we were out of there in less than 5 minutes. I've heard from an owner of another well known resort in the area that they have had lots of complaints about staff in the past - too bad because it is a nice looking resort and in a great location.

I met the new management on a SI at a small beach hut they have opened on a nearby island (maricapan) and they asked me to try again and let them make it up to me. Once bitten twice shy I"m afraid and haven't taken them up on their offer . . .

As to Puerto Galera vs Anilao I'd say that is a tough one - both are good and fairly similar diving in my mind though you will probably see more big fish over in puerto galera. As Kitbuga mentioned though, you will also need an extra couple of days for travel to Puerto Galera because the ferry schedules will take a full day away both coming and going, though it is a very pretty ride. I also agree with the resorts mentioned in Anilao, I've been to both Aquaventure and Balai (and will certainly go back to both) and heard good things about Planet Dive.

Good luck on your trip, I'm sure you'll manage to have a great time.

Joe

hi joe!

i'm sorry to hear about that miserable experience. however, i'm glad that you still tried out the other anilao resorts and your expectations were met. sometimes, 1 rotten egg doesn't represent the whole basket.

hope to dive with you at planet dive one of these days.

carl
NAUI DM# 40605

Scuby Dooby once bubbled...
I tried to go there once about 2 years ago - never made it past the lobby. The facilities look nice but I have never been treated more poorly in a resort or hotel in my life!!

I went in to enquire about the cost of doing some day dives while my wife and children (non divers) stayed at the resort, swam in the pool, etc. (which they claimed on their website was ok). They proceeded to try to gouge me on the prices for day dives and generally treated us so rudely that we were out of there in less than 5 minutes. I've heard from an owner of another well known resort in the area that they have had lots of complaints about staff in the past - too bad because it is a nice looking resort and in a great location.

I met the new management on a SI at a small beach hut they have opened on a nearby island (maricapan) and they asked me to try again and let them make it up to me. Once bitten twice shy I"m afraid and haven't taken them up on their offer . . .

As to Puerto Galera vs Anilao I'd say that is a tough one - both are good and fairly similar diving in my mind though you will probably see more big fish over in puerto galera. As Kitbuga mentioned though, you will also need an extra couple of days for travel to Puerto Galera because the ferry schedules will take a full day away both coming and going, though it is a very pretty ride. I also agree with the resorts mentioned in Anilao, I've been to both Aquaventure and Balai (and will certainly go back to both) and heard good things about Planet Dive.

Good luck on your trip, I'm sure you'll manage to have a great time.

Joe

hi bearteacher!

sent you a PM re planet dive package and contact numbers.

thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom