Anilao water temps in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjlinva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I will be diving in Anilao the second week of June. What should we expect as far as water temps (I'm not sure what wetsuit to bring). Thanks!

3mm will be enough
When I was in Bohol in Feb. 2008 the temps were 80F at 75 fsw. A 3mm was adequate then, for the few dives my wife and I did then. 3mm should be enough for frequent dives.

All depend what temperatures you are used to I guess!

Last weekend the water was just over 29C - I'd expect the same for the next few weeks :)

Local divers here I've noticed are now using plain board shorts and rash guard tops; I wear 1.5 mm jumpsuit just for protections from stings and not so much for temps, averaging 29 C last weekend.

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to get int the water!

+1 and also, it depends on how many dives you are planning to do a day/ a week... Even in warm water like that, it can really add up if you are doing 3 dives a day for several days... You have to keep that in consideration...

Usually, I've found a 3/2mm fullsuit to be niot too warm, and not too cold for temps like those and multiple dives a day/ week. Locals in Sabang (accross the straight) use 3 to 5mm fullsuits. Plus it protects from stingers.

Remember, you're better off being a bit too warm, than a bit too cold...:coffee:

All depend what temperatures you are used to I guess!

Last weekend the water was just over 29C - I'd expect the same for the next few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom