Anilao water temps/conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're back in Anilao soon, anyone have an idea of current average water temps., viz and/or weather? Thanks! // ww

It's f'ing freezing! Around 26C right now... Although it's slowly getting warmer :)

Viz is normally around 10-15m, although a lot depends on the weather - it theres a lot of wind or rain it could suffer, if there's no rain or wind for a few days it should be better. The phytoplankton and jellyfish season seems to have started a few weeks back so the viz has suffered a little as a result - nothing major though.

We're in the dry season so there should be no rains, although there's been a lot of small rain storms in the past few weeks.

Have fun!

Karl

Hey thanks Karl! Sounds a tad chilly alright but I've got 2 weeks yet. Hate to drag along more than skin but we'll see. Thanks again. // ww

26 C sounds downright toasty to me... our local waters rarely get that warm in the best of summers. I'm looking forward to my trip to Anilao next month!

26 C sounds downright toasty to me... our local waters rarely get that warm in the best of summers. I'm looking forward to my trip to Anilao next month!

that will be around 78f... for us in california, that's board shorts/rash guard dive all day. but like drbill says, it's rare if it does go that high. the warmest i dove in catalina was between 66-72 i think. can't wait for my trip in may to bohol.

take pics and post up report please, let us know what dive op and stuff since i'll be there in 2 months.

I am going there in May..should I bring a 5 or 3mm?

---------- Post added March 13th, 2013 at 12:09 PM ----------

Hey Dr. Bill what resort you going to? I am going to Crystal Blue. I am guessing you are probably going there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom